Friday, November 9, 2012

All my shinies!

So many shinies this week! I'm just going to make a list. :)

1) The Sandy Relief Auction is almost over! The stories are going for fantastic amounts, and all for a good cause. I'm proud to be part of it. As for my story, well... Thanks to all who have bid on me. I'm very curious to see what I'll be writing about. :-D

2) Previous to last week, I had never spent more than $10 on any piece of jewelry in my life, aside from my husband's wedding ring. Then Freia Inguz (aka Amara Devonte) posted a picture of this necklace, and I had a serious case of insta!Love. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "Look! That's my tree! I wrote that tree!" so I splurged and bought it for myself as a reward (for a variety of things). Last night at parent-teacher conferences, one of the first parents came in, introduced herself, and immediately started gushing over my beautiful, handmade necklace. I fondly think of it as my Fire and Lightning necklace, and I am reminded of Drys every time I see it. I love it very much. <3

3) Dreamer's cover has made it to round 6 of the Rainbow Awards Cover Contest! The competition has been incredibly stiff--there are a stunning number of really beautiful covers out there this year--which makes me even more proud. Of course, London Burden did the cover, so I can't really take any credit for how lovely it is, but it's still got my (pen) name on it. If you feel so inclined, go cast your vote in its favor. Honestly, I'm just pleasantly amazed it's gotten this far. I mean, I knew I thought it was gorgeous and perfect, but I figured I might have been slightly biased...



4) Speaking of covers, look what went up on Goodreads this week! This is coming out on my birthday, it's set around my MC's birthday, and there will definitely be a giveaway of some sort come January. Keep your eyes peeled if you're interested.

Official blurb:

Will is panicking. In ten days he'll be thirty, and his life isn't anything like he imagined it would be at that age. As he considers his future, he sees the possibility for failure. When he thinks of the past, Will sees all the opportunities and loves he's lost. The only thing he can't see is what's right in front of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment